Stranger in my brain

I'm nosy. I don't deny I'm nosy.. but not in a bad way, I wouldn't go through your house for example, lol! But on FB I was looking through friends, friends lists to see if there was anyone I knew, and a face popped up, and I knew her face, days later I remembered her name, then I remembered where from. She was in my primary school in the last year, and also in my secondary school. But I don't know if I liked her not. And no matter how hard I try I don't remember a thing beyond that. And it's not the first time it's happened. I also had a friend of a friend add me on FB.. And the only thing I remember is her surname. And even months later that's still all I recognize. I wracked my brain, nothing. In the end I had to remove her because I couldn't cope with it. I've also asked my mum if I liked some people who's names I knew, from looking at school photographs, because I couldn't rember, she answered me, and I still don't remember, (It's odd and hard to explain). But it's even down to my secondary school, and beyond, like I remembered an old friend, and her hubby, but not their daughter, (And these people were close friends). Not until I was reminded and told about her, but even then it's a sketchy memory of her at best.
 And there are other memory lapses too, sometimes I don't remember doing things like leaving taps on just moments after, I asked Mike if I'd left one on after seeing it, (That was recent). Or putting food in a pan until after it was burnt so bad the pan had to be thrown away. On the phone sometimes I forget things like what years my children are in, who's class they're in, what year they were born, what day/year it is, normally when it's the little things like that, it 'comes to', it's just a case of when, and the frustration, jeeze, it's driving me insane.. It's been this way for some time, though this is one of the few times I've spoken about it. I wonder is this going to be/or is it a part of my disability? Is it going to stay? Who knows.

But for now it seems that both some of the things I knew about people, as well as the actual people I knew themselves, are becoming 'a stranger in my brain'.

(Maybe one day I'll ask to see a neurologist again.. even though the last one practically told me my problems were 'made up'. God how I wish it was, then I'd give myself a break from it)!




0 comments:



Post a Comment