Before you read ahead, empty your mind of any thoughts you may have of any negative prejudgments, I don't have them.. I have views, opinions, but I like to look at things as a blank canvas, In a sense, I like to stand back and look in, and draw a mental image of what I see, though it's not always in a good thing for me personally lol.. I analyze every last detail, I twist it and turn it like a puzzle, move it around, even go back to it at a later time if I can't make it fit.. In my own mind, if I had the knowledge that I truly do lack, (And probably always will). I'd probably make a good scientist.
Anyway. Don't worry, I have no intentions of starting debates or change anyone's lifestyle or views, in any way whatsoever, so 'empty your brain' lol.. and sit back with me :)
Wicca, and my views.
Many people have and prejudgments when they first hear the word 'witch'. Where do they come from? Why? And why do people feel the need to hide what they are and what they believe,well, for anyone?
Well. as you begin, look at it from the earlier times people had no medicine, no cures, no answers, people died young of illnesses that we could probably now deal with, with a little heating and a trip to the doctors.. and in childbirth after 10, 20 30.. well who knows how many children because they lack the knowledge and resources to live life any other way. It was simple. When 'Uncle Bob' died of a fever, all the family gathered round his bed, and dealt with it the way it was, the norm. (No hereditary disease, no cancer, no pneumonia, no infection, no labels, (We created those later on). For now it was just a fever). So what about the woman who lived alone, and lived past the age of the norm? (which just throw in an unstudied number here, lets just say, 30 is the norm). What of this woman who had graying hair, who fixed a few remedies for the ailments, who helped in childbirth? (Probably from time and experience). What if the remedies failed, and someone died? (Even if they were to die without it anyway). Who do they blame? What of this woman? What of the magic she mixes, is it poison? Trickery? (They weren't to know any better really, and just think, it could even be your Grandmas herbal remedies past through the generations, only you know what's in it now, and you know it's safe). This... hag... this... witch. Do you see? Fear. Fear of the unknown, (the uneducated). All of the thing they have no answers for, their 'normal' has changed, how do they deal with it? How do they make it go away? What resources do they have? Burn, drown.. these were their solutions, whatever it is they could find at hand to make it stop, to make things as they were. Little realizing it doesn't work that way.
Fear breeds ignorance. Acceptance, tolerance and understanding gets fogged out... because it's 'not their way', it's changed. That's just it. People are often set in their ways to a point they don't want it to change, they don't want to see what they don't understand. They don't want anyone else's views, because in their mind they're right, right? Wrong. They were wrong then, (As time and education has taught us, but I suppose if you look at it you can't help what you can't see can you)? As some are wrong in the same sense now. Whilst time changes some aspects of it, (And in some cases it doesn't). There will always be fear as long as there is mankind. But in saying that, time changes my friend. Opinions will too, when people eventually look at the bigger picture change will come, there will be a turn in time, where the majority of those who are now ignorant, changes, and the ignorant will become less and less in numbers as they begin to see and accept, then they become the majority, the majority who see what things are. Some of which will put the remaining ignorant in their place, (At least until 'the next thing'). But it will take just that, it will take time.
A handful of things where the majority of views have changed, for example, a woman right to vote, to be equal, race, even some religions, disability, (From Mental to physical, they used to lock up people with disabilities in asylums or in their homes). The list goes on, as I said, some of the majority will put bigots in their place. Eventually.
Thinking. Perhaps even 'White Witch' is the start of it. Regardless. Be counted, be proud of who you are and whatever it is you believe, other people burnt their bras to be heard! But you don't have to be that loud to be who you are, lol.
Now back to my ever lasting questioning brain, from what I have read about Wicca and respect. I respect, their respect of other religions, the way they flow with nature, the way they use the Earth to fulfill and balance their lifestyle in every sense, and they don't seem to have any negativity, in any of the every day things around them. In reading all the things that I have, it is as if they flow with the very earth. And to me, I can't disrespect that, or think anything bad, there is just no reason.
We aren't all made to be the same. We are unique for a reason, even if I don't know why exactly, I do know I wouldn't want to be a clone of anyone else. Whether I like some of my aspects, or not, I'm still me.
There are a few basic Q/A http://www.wicca.com/celtic/wicca/faq.htm there. I've read far more than this, and I'll carry on reading, why? Because theoretically speaking, my jigsaw isn't complete.. :) And if there are pieces of a puzzle missing it's never a good thing, even a mental one lol!
Back to the fear point... Anxiety owns my behind!! You know I'm sat here thinking what if I offend people? What if I upset people or make matters worse in any sense? You know, so to patch my fears here I'm going to add this, these are just my views and opinions no one else's... You can share them with me or leave them as they sit.... I said to a friend I'd give my opinion, so I'll post it, and then probably be sat here wondering if I should have!! Anxiety has cost me a lot in the past, it has turned me into a wreck and makes social-anythings even harder for me, then life itself already does.
And between 'these pages' and I, I've written books in the past, spent months going over them and then hit the delete key, purely because of anxiety.
Ah shit. Shit, shit.
My thoughts - Wicca
- Saturday, 4 February 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
EXCELLENT post!!
Thank you hun x
Post a Comment