So much has gone off these past few weeks that I've not been able to gather my marbles, let alone blog, but here we go, a bit of a long one.
..Sarah went to live with her boyfriend a couple of months ago, he's 29, she is 17, I was a little surprised, as he is nearly 5 years younger than me, but said all that I asked was that he took care of her. Yet, he was not providing food and taking her wages, I got the police involved after she sounded incoherent on the phone, they literally had to break into his place, and she was taken to hospital, she was exhausted and very thin, her chest looked like an xylophone, and her skin hung, it upset me a great deal. We had her here for a few days after she was released from hospital, and all she did was want him. Virtually pine for him. Nothing I could do would make her see what's in front of her face. She slept for 12 hours straight for the first night alone, and ate well whilst she was here, she's now what I'd class as being underweight, but she's decided she wants to still be with him. She's 17, nearly 18, but legally, here, there is little I can do. And I'm also painfully aware that the more I try and hold her away, the more determined she is to go to him. So, I've made sure that she has a house key, and told her my door is always open. She is also welcome to pop in for a meal whenever she wants to. I've also arranged for her wages to go in my bank at least that way I can put them in her hands. Mike has also been and had a strong word with her boyfriend.. I'm not sure if that's come to any good, but there is no point just telling Sarah how it is, when he's mostly responsible.
I've also told her that she has got to eat, that, that isn't acceptable, as not only is she starving her body, but her brain too, which is why she's felt confused, forgetful, cold, ill, and having all the accidents she's having at work, and as she works in a kitchen, you should see how many burn scars shes accumulated.
It's been a little while since this went off, the air had to clear a little, but she spent the night with us last night, and at least the eating issue seems to have sunk in, as she doesn't seem to have lost anymore weight.
So.. if I've forgotten anything, or recent Birthday cards/gifts, have arrived late, it's not because I don't care, it's because we've been worried sick, and I've had a lot to sort out..
Jay is struggling at school, the children don't really understand why his behaviour is different, and academically he struggles, as he always has. I'm going to raise the issue of a possible special school, again, I'm not sure if they will or wont allow it, there was a time when his statement of special educational needs would have got him into one, not anymore, the school and board have to agree to it, *Sighs. I'll try, and I'll try as hard as I can, and we'll see.
Andrew, now Andrew still isn't walking yet, the HV said it's normal for bum shuffling babies to walk late, and I know at least two bum shufflers to walk at about 2 so I'm not worried it means a little less 'running' behind him, and moving things up another level lol. At least for now he is getting up and down with confidence, walking round the furniture, and letting go with one hand, he just doesn't seem to want to go for it, either that or he is making me wait ;) We think he will be walking by Christmas, we'll just have to see.. Come on Andrew! His speech is really good.. he's saying a good variety of words, which I'm happy about, cat, car, poo, hi'ya, mum, dad, meow, bye-bye, (Waves). Nan, dog-dog, one, two (As I count when I give him things). Sort of says Sarah, calls Jay, Bob. Ta, no, juice, And a few others that I've probably missed lol. He likes making rocket noises, car noises, roar noises, and he likes babble-singing rhymes with me, he often does the hand movements too, like the ones from 'round and round the garden' and 'Itsy bitsy spider'.
As for me I'm tired, spending most days feeling that way, but going forwards. They are on about sending me to an MS unit, as I've been told it's 'possible MS' I just have to wait, it's got to the point that they could diagnose me with anything, long has gone, the time for emotionally falling apart, that's just not going to happen. I need answers.
long update
- Wednesday, 21 November 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment