A week today, I found out that I was pregnant, I've never found out so early on, a part of me was bursting to go to the highest point possible and announce it to anyone who'd be prepared to listen, and another part of me thought it would be best to hide, we've all heard of the 12 week danger point. Well, at the point I found out I was only 5 weeks gone. To many 'what if's', and 'how do I's'?
I chose a select few to tell, and with all but one of them, it was okay. I let it be, because I was happy in my own little bubble anyway.
And then the problems started.
First the pain, that felt like my muscles were being torn which left me breathless, then the spotting, followed by internal stabbing.
I rang up the doctor, Friday lunch time, and told him I'd done two positive home pregnancy tests, you see at this point I'd not even told the surgery.
First the pain, that felt like my muscles were being torn which left me breathless, then the spotting, followed by internal stabbing.
I rang up the doctor, Friday lunch time, and told him I'd done two positive home pregnancy tests, you see at this point I'd not even told the surgery.
The doctor, clearly worried about things, including an ectopic pregnancy did a hospital referral over the phone. Mike's parents were away, (And still are). Mine are over an hrs drive. I was at a point of not knowing where to turn, I had to explain to what became two worried children whiles getting upset myself, and chewing the ears off a rapidly becoming stressed, Mike.
The hospital was the usual, prods, pokes and the blood tests. I stayed there whilst they ran the test results on my blood, the first results showed one positive thing here to us all, our tiny sprinkle sized baby was still alive.
I was made a second appointment, for the second set of blood tests, two days later, (Which was today). For my hCG numbers. Basically, they can help detect early problems or multiple babies. Being in alot of pain last night I really didn't know what to expect. But I was told that the blood test results had to increase ideally about double. And the hospital rang me tonight to tell me that they have, I was so relieved that I'd got a lump in my throat... and I was on the verge of tears telling Mike the good news.
Whilst we know we're not out of the woods, and I still hurt, at least things are feeling a little less threatening right now.
~ Tuesday morning we're going to the early pregnancy unit, (They help care for babies 13 weeks and under that need the extra care). For a scan to see how we're going, I'll update you when I know what's happening and where we stand. Keep your fingers and heart strings crossed for us.
Love Lou x




1 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
I will keep you in my thoughts - good luck!!!
Post a Comment